Poetry Slam – Living Up To Expectations

Task description: This week during I had free time, so I got to chooses what I wanted to do, I decided to do summer learning journey. For the task I had to write “A Letter to” poem and record myself reading it. After that I completed the task, and I posted it on our blog. I enjoyed this task very much, and I hope to do more like this soon. Hope you enjoyed. Please leave a comment; thank you for visiting my blog.

2 thoughts on “Poetry Slam – Living Up To Expectations

1. Kia ora Zaria,
    It’s Mrs Clifford from the Summer Learning Journey Commenting Team. It’s so great to see all of your posts on the SLJ activities.

I did enjoy listening to and reading your poem “A Letter to my Dear Parents”. It reminded me of my little sister – she’s an amazing human and I love her dearly. We are totally different with our own strengths and weaknesses sometimes it feels like one is better than the other – but this is SO not the case.

Your poem made me wonder what ‘perfect’ actually is. I think as long as you are doing your best that’s perfect.

Keep up the blogging!
    – Mrs Clifford

2. Kia ora Zaria. Phil from the Poetry Slam team here. I loved listening your you perform your poem with a nice clear voice and some great expression. I think we are all far from perfect. Sometimes I have to remind myself about the things I am good at rather than focusing on the things I’m not so great at. Good luck with the rest of your SLJ tasks!