My Surfboard Design – Kick Start

Task description: This week during I had free time, so I got to chooses what I wanted to do, I decided to do summer learning journey. I did task called ‘Design your own surfboard’. After that I completed the task, and I posted it on our blog. I enjoyed this task very much, and I hope to do more like this soon. Hope you enjoyed. Please leave a comment; thank you for visiting my blog.

Fun fact for the Day: Do you know how surfboards are designed? Well, I’ll tell you – The board will either be made completely from scratch or by carving out the board from a surfboard blank, a large piece of foam that works as the core of the board. Inside is a piece of wood called a stringer, glued between two foam blocks, which provides flex and strength.

2 thoughts on “My Surfboard Design – Kick Start

1. Hi Zaria,

What a bright and colourful surfboard you have designed. The blue lines going through it remind me of the waves. The bright pink colour chosen for the flowers also make it very eye-catching.

Did you enjoy getting to design your own surfboard. If I saw your in a shop it would definitely make me stop! Have you been surfing before?

I didn’t know much about how surfboards are made, adding the extra bit of information was helpful to me. Have you ever heard of surfboards being made out of coconut husk before? It is meant to be a very eco friendly alternative.

Thanks for sharing Zaria,

Emma – SLJ

2. Hi Zaria,

It’s Emma here again from the Summer Learning Journey.

Although this is a great example of a surfboard design, it looks like it was actually made by somebody else on the internet. Taking inspiration from other peoples work is a great way to get ideas for our own designs. It is important though, that we don’t copy other peoples work or claim it as our own. Unfortunately this means I can’t give you the points for this blog post.

The SLJ team wants to see your own work posted to your blog. It is fine if you use work from other creators to supplement your own work in your blog posts, however, the work of other creators should always be referenced. That means you need to add where you found it by copying the url of the website and adding the name of the original author.

The design your own surfboard task is a perfect way to get creative and make something of you own. We love seeing all of the unique and awesome ideas that you come up with and design yourself. I’m sure you would do an excellent job at creating your own surfboard and I can’t wait to see it.

Emma – SLJ